The UP Department of Linguistics offers Asian Languages Extramural Classes in
Classes are held every Saturday (except for the Japanese / Korean for Kids & Teens classes offered every summer and Integrated Japanese held on weekdays). The registration fee per module is Php 3,500 (inclusive of learning materials). Classes meet for 3 hours per session for 10 sessions or 2 hours per session for 15 sessions for the weekday Integrated Japanese class (total of 30 hours). A certificate of completion is given to students who have successfully passed the requirements of the course.
Cycle 1 (January-March) : Registration starts in December.
Cycle 2 (May-July) : Registration starts in April.
Cycle 3 (September-November) : Registration starts in August.
Integrated Japanese 1 (June-December) : Registration starts in May.
Integrated Japanese 2 (January-June) : Registration starts in December.
Kid & Teens Classes (April and/or May) : Registration starts in March.
Kindly read the Extramural Classes FAQs. Should you have further inquiries, please get in touch with us.
1. Check available slots at ALEC Official Class List.
2. Download the PAYMENT SLIP .
3. Pay at the UP Diliman Cash Office (beside PNB – UP Campus Branch, behind UP Shopping Center). You may view the UP Diliman Campus Map here.
4. Register at Online Registration Form. Registration is until January 6 (Friday) or until the number of slots have all been filled, whichever comes earlier. You may check available slots at ALEC Official Class List.
NOTE: Slots are on a first-come first-served basis and are confirmed only upon (1) filling in the online form, AND; (2) submission of a copy of your receipt.
5. Submit a clear image file of your UP Official Receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org or a photocopy of your receipt at the Department of Linguistics, Palma Hall 1325 (Pavilion 1, 3rd Floor).
6. Check the ALEC Official Class List for slot confirmation after one (1) working day upon submission of your receipt. Check the final room assignment on January 13th (Friday) at ALEC Official Class List.
7. See you in class!
NOTE: Failure to comply with the above instructions may mean deferment of enrollment. A class will be closed for registration as soon as the slots have been filled. A refund may only be issued if the Department has made some changes in the schedule of classes proving to be an inconvenience on the part of the student. Payment is only valid for one (1) cycle (e.g. December and January official receipts are valid only for the January to March 2017 Cycle).
For further inquiries, please e-mail email@example.com or call (2) 981 8500 local 2128. You may also check the FAQs at ALEC FAQs.