Call for Papers
1st Linguistics Department Research Colloquium
1. Formerly known as the Undergraduate and the Graduate Students’ Paper Presentation, this event is held annually as part of the celebration of the Linguistics Month every August. This year, the UP Department of Linguistics is institutionalizing this event by establishing its 1st Annual Linguistics Department Research Colloquium.
2. The UP Department of Linguistics welcomes paper submissions that are aligned with its research thrust: the scientific study, preservation and promotion of the Philippine languages through teaching, research and publication.
3. There will be two categories: Undergraduate and Graduate. To qualify for the Undergraduate category, the student must be currently enrolled in the BA Linguistics program. To qualify for the Graduate category, the student must be currently enrolled in the MA or PhD Linguistics program.
4. Abstracts of full papers should be submitted not later than July 24, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The paper must not have been presented previously to an open public. The paper can be in Filipino or English.
5. Abstracts should be at least 200 words. Submissions should include a separate file with the author’s name, complete contact information (e-mail address, telephone number, and mailing address) and a brief 50-word bionote.
6. Accepted papers will be presented publicly.
7. Cash incentives will be given to accepted papers.